[VHFcontesting] Re: Why we participate [was: REMINDER:...CU2QSO Pioneers]

Dennis Hudson n2lbt at n2lbt.com
Thu Jul 24 11:24:06 EDT 2003

And jeez you forgot my favorite, promote the Ham Radio Hobby!

I have even brushed up on my foreign language skills so I can try to
communicate what I'm doing with the locals when I rove during VHF
contests outside the United States. I have had many pleasant
conversations with hikers, bikers and onlookers over the years. You
tell me what's more fun to explain to today's civilian onlooker,

 > a well used (and loved) tarnished brass key or
 > a computer screen filled with beautiful waterfall of DSP signals?

It's a trick question. It doesn't matter how you answer the question
we're all the ambassadors of our hobby and if you love it and explain
it well, it will continue to grow and get better.

Respectfully, N2LBT

Dennis Hudson, N2LBT
N2OJY-N2LBT/VE2/R
FN32,FN33,FN34,FN35,FN36,FN45,FN46,FN47