[VHFcontesting] Why we participate [was: REMINDER:...CU2QSO Pioneers]

Tree tree at kkn.net
Thu Jul 24 10:59:55 EDT 2003

> We should be careful to not feel compelled to define what "fun" is for
> everyone.  Doing so will restrict the number of participants and lower the
> numbers (hmmmmmm...have we stumbled on the correlation we've been searching for
> all along?).

True enough, but there does need to be some controls on this so that everyone
can have their fun (in a competition).

In the case of packet spotting, if you decide that is fun, you are welcome to use
it.  However, you are compelled to enter the appropriate category.

I am not trying to say everyone needs to enter the same category, or that CU2QSO
is the same as packet spotting... (but in some people's mind it comes too close).

Tree