[VHFcontesting] Why we participate [was: REMINDER:...CU2QSOPioneers]

Gerry Hull windev at inetmarket.com
Thu Jul 24 13:26:22 EDT 2003

CU2QSO is not going to impact who is in the top ten.

In fact, I'll bet you'll never see a complaint about "So and so made the top ten
because they used CU2QSO."

A competitor who makes 100 rover QSOs and wins his call area is as much a
competitor as the fella who has a superstation and makes 2 megapoints.

If 3 of those 100 QSOs were completed with CU2QSO,
would their be less of a competition?  I don't think so.   Do a technical
analysis of what can be accomplished with CU2QSO and you'll come to the
conclusion that it is of benefit to the little pistol or rover rather than the
large, well equpped station who is more probable to make it in the top 10.
It certainly should have an impact on activity, which should help everyone.

Those who are interested in using CU2QSO, go for it.  If it is all that bad,
I am sure the rules makers will squelch the activity.  For now, get
out your labelmaker, and put a new label on your gear:

"This Technology not approved by <insert complainer callsign here>"

That'll give you a chuckle every time you use it.

73,

Gerry, W1VE