[VHFcontesting] Unique QSO's (was Captive Rovers)

Ev Tupis (W2EV) w2ev at arrl.net
Wed Jul 30 22:39:02 EDT 2003

Tree said:
> > Maybe the thread could morph into a discussion of how "Captive Rover" is
> > defined?
>
> I think the real question is, are we okay people winning contests who have
> rovers who only work them?

Actually, this is a good point.  Let's take it back one more step, though.  Are
"Unique QSO's" (changing the term to better reflect the inquiry) a factor in
winning for anyone?

After all...this isn't just a "rover & multiop thing", is it?  It's about any
station who (for one reason or another) shows up uniquely in another station's
log, right?

Ev, W2EV