[VHFcontesting] MAD

Bill Seabreeze w3iy at fcc.net
Mon Jun 9 19:25:27 EDT 2003

Looks like W3IY will miss the activity tonite...new rear telescoping mast
has siezed up after only 2 cycles of operation.  Love that Radio
Slack mast...cheap steel.  Apparently the .050 wall "steel" is
easily flared/warped when taking up and down.  I tried grease,
and it's still a real weightlifting workout to raise & lower...no go.
We raise and lower this thing too many times in the contest to
try and use it as is.  Need to rebuild the stack instead of play on
the bands.  CU down the log.

GL & 73,
Bill W3IY/R