[VHFcontesting] K9ZF /R Plans for this weekends ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Dan Evans n9rla at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 18:27:27 EDT 2003

The plans are finally coming together. With all of the
50+ hour weeks at work lately, It's been tough trying
to get all of the work done.  But everything is
starting to shape up now.  Here is how the station
should look this time out:

6 meters:  IC746 - 100 watts- pair of loops at 35 &
21'.
2 meters:  IC746 - 100 watts- 10 elements at 25'.
222:  FM only, 120 watts, 5 elements (vertical) at
30'. [223.500]
432:  IC746/DEM TXVTR, 10 watts, 11 elements at 38'.

Now for the route plan.  This is always tough.  I had
originally planned on doing 10, maybe even 12 grids.
But after sitting down  with the maps and figuring
times, and trying to make a plan I can stick with, I
finally settled on the following 9 grids:

18:00-18:45z EM88cd Owingsville KY
19:15-19:45  EM87ew  Frenchburg KY
20:15-21:00  EM77 near Winchester KY
23:00-????   EM78 near Henryville, IN
Back home to sleep:-)
Sunday
early- 12:00 EM68 in Salem, IN
13:00-13:45 EM79 just north of Seymour, IN
15:00-16:00 EM69 near Nashville, IN
17:30-18:00 EN70 near Noblesville, IN
18:30-19:00 EN60 also near Noblesville, IN
Take a break and head for home!

That's it!  The goal, as usual, is a new personal best
score.  This time out I have added 222, and better
antennas on all bands. This will be my first trip out
since June of last year, so let's hope Murphy will
leave me alone for awhile.

Good luck to all, and have fun!

Dan Evans K9ZF
Scottsburg, IN 47170