[VHFcontesting] Major change in K9ILT & K0PG Rover expedition

ADUHAWK at aol.com ADUHAWK at aol.com
Sat Jun 14 00:50:27 EDT 2003

A whole lot of work stuff (office move) and family stuff (all good) kept us
from prepping the rovermobile.  We had planned to leave for downstate Illinois
today at 3:00 PM.  It's 10:30 PM and we're still home.  The good news is that
the car is ready, it just needs the tripod mounted antennas to be attached to
the roof rack in the morning.
So, we are not going to EM57.  September for sure, but that grid is well
represented by Marshall Senior and Junior.
Here's the new route.
1800Z to 2000Z: EN51 (brand new landfill...maybe the highest spot in
Chicagoland at 900' ASL.
2000Z to 2130 EN61. (yawn)
2130 to 2200 EN60
2201 to 2230 EN50 (fixed)
2300 to 0030 EN50 (goin' mobahl)
0030 to 0130 EN40
0130 to 0230 EN41
0230 to 0330 EN42 (from a good spot near Galena, IL)
overnight
1630 to 1730 EN42 SW WI
1730 to 1830 EN43
 <<<break>>>
1930 to 2030 EN53 Blue Mound, WI
2030 to 2230 EN53/52 on the run
2300 to 2315 EN63
2315 to 0000 EN62 moving
0000 to 0130 (or until they throw us out ) EN62
0130 to 0300 EN51/61

Not a real exciting expedition this time, but we hope to work lots of you!

73, Tim K0PG/R and Pat K9ILT/R

Remember, work us both, it's a family station!