[VHFcontesting] Help with signal ID

Don munsonjr at bellatlantic.net
Sun Jun 15 08:09:03 EDT 2003

I'm relatively new to this 2m weak signal contesting stuff - I was
scanning the 2 meter band this morning (1030Z from FM18) and I am
hearing what appears to be some type of data signal (CWID followed by
about 30 seconds of a pretty strong growl) with a CWID at the beginning
(W3WE? My code is NOWHERE what it should be (haven't copied > 10 years)
but this is pretty slow).

Thought it might be FSK441 but either I'm not using WSJT correctly or it
can not decipher anything in there.  This has been going on
repetitiously now for > 20/30 minutes.

Can someone who may have heard this also tell me what this is? Was?

Thanks

Don, W4GFQ