[VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Rules Revisions - Part III

Bill Olson callbill at hotmail.com
Fri May 2 02:19:50 EDT 2003

Dave, If you say it's true it's true. And actually i'm sure it is true in
some cases. That has not been my experience. But I say it doesn't matter and
I HAVE been out there a LOT! You can't make a rule that tells a station who
they can and cannot work. It just won't work! This applies to so-called
captive rovers, good buddy qso's, manufactured qso's, whatever. I asked the
question a couple days ago right here and no one came up with an answer.
What rule can you make and HOW could you possibly enforce it without hurting
everybody?

Heck if the guy on Wachusett doesn't want to work you, let it go and move
on. I wouldn't be happy about it either, but at least he didn't run you off
the mountain (and THAT has happened various times and places. hoo boy!)

bill K1DY FN54jq Maine