[VHFcontesting] Re: Good Buddy QSOs

AA4ZZ at aol.com AA4ZZ at aol.com
Fri May 2 00:17:45 EDT 2003

This actually happens quite a bit:

 A guy calls us on six and says "I read about this VHF contest in QST and
thouht I'd see if I could work anyone on my new FT-817 and whip antenna; and
you guys are the only station  that hears me."

Under the proposed rule instead of welcoming him to the world of VHF and
contests  are we supposed to respond "Sorry since you don't have a big enough
signal to work anyone else you don't count in this contest?"

And the original thread was about incrasing activity??????

73 Paul AA4ZZ