[VHFcontesting] Rover available for captivity!

Richard Clem clem.law at usa.net
Sat May 3 12:16:06 EDT 2003

With all of this talk about captive rovers, as a newbie to VHF contesting, I
thought I would jump in.

In the January VHF contest, my wife and I had a lot of fun driving around with
our FT-817, handing out contacts on 3 bands in various grids of IA, MN, and
WI.

However, if someone wishes to send us equipment for all other bands, we will
be happy to serve as "captive rovers".  Please reply by e-mail, and I will
give the shipping address for the equipment.

Since there is apparently a large demand for captive rovers, requests will be
considered on a first-come-first-served basis.  However, requests that also
include supplying us with an appropriate vehicle will receive priority.

73,
Rick W0IS