[VHFcontesting] Captive Rovers

Bill Seabreeze w3iy at fcc.net
Sun May 4 23:15:58 EDT 2003

Just a thought...
The only thing that bothers be about "captive" rovers
is that a couple of times I've heard about "alien rovers" coming into
new territory, and bumping into other rovers at particular sites.  The
guys from out-of-town wouldn't even work the other rovers at the
site.  I don't think it was because they were behind schedule or anything...
they had just been brainwashed into thinking it was more competitive
that way.  I think we should all go the extra mile, and pass out a few
QSOs to help each other out.  If things are so competitive that we
have to intentionally deny QSOs to people, then I think we've gone
a little too far astray.  Can't we all just get along?

Roving is too much fun to turn it into cut-throat weaponry.
You never know when you could be somone's first QSO on
a new band/grid, and help plant the seeds for increased enthusiasm.
I think that's what is all about.

73,
W3IY/R