[VHFcontesting] IC-910 H question

Tim Coad timcoad at excite.com
Tue May 6 01:56:21 EDT 2003

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone here has used this ICOM 2/432/(optional 1296) radio?

Wondering how the receiver compares with ICOM 251 or 271/471 type. I have heard it is not suited for east coast mtn top type contesting. Will it totally cave in on a mountain top or will it do as well as the older ICOMs I listed.

Though I am not sure if handling close loud signals matters much out here on the West Coast anymore, since it seems each year more and more people seem stuck to 144.200 like glue. Might as well get rid of the VFO...oops I digress.

Really anyone here have any comment on this radio?

Thanks!

Tim - NU6S