[VHFcontesting] Cabrillo, a technical marvel

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Fri May 9 11:00:39 EDT 2003

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 09:15:00AM -0400, Ev Tupis (W2EV) wrote:

> One example is the omission of the ability to log 0-point QSO's (dupes),
> especially important to do when so many people paper-log w/o dupe sheets,
> etc.

I don't understand this.  There is no reason that you cannot build a Cabrillo
file that contains dupes.  Maybe you are asking for the ability to put
non-QSOs, sorta-QSOs, almost-QSOs, maybe-QSOs, etc. into the log and not
claim contest credit for them?  That's what "zero point QSOs" usually
refers to, not dupes...

> Another is the need to have the log in chronological order (a difficult
> task for paper loggers with multiple bands, each with their own log).

I'm not sure that QSOs in a Cabrillo log need to be in chronological order.
There's nothing in the specs that says so.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences          Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops