[VHFcontesting] Timely results = Increased activity & betters ubmittal?

Tree tree at kkn.net
Wed May 28 14:42:48 EDT 2003

> 2) QSOs on 50MHz have the potential to increase your overall mults more than
> 10GHz. Look at W5KFT, WD5K, WB0DRL. 10GHz is limited in range. If I work 10
> grids in WNY, I'm doing GREAT. A score of 10/10 on 10GHz versus a score of
> 1006/254 on 50MHz is just a drop in the bucket.

Well, six is seldom wide open the whole contest.

As far as a drop in the bucket.  If you compare 1006/254 with the incremental
10/10, you find that the incremental score difference on 10GHz is

268224 - 255524 = 12700 points, or the same as 50 additional QSOs on
six meters (assumming you got no additional mults out of those QSOs, which
if the band is dead, you probably won't).

So, there already is a 5X incentive to make these QSOs during quiet times.

Tree K7RAT
tree at kkn.net