[VHFcontesting] Timely results = Increased activity & betters submittal?

Ed Kucharski k3dne at adelphia.net
Wed May 28 21:59:34 EDT 2003

I tend to agree with Mark's comments below.  An additional but smaller
point incentive for microwave contacts is a good idea to continue to
encourage microwave activity.  However, remember how this original thread
started last weekend - it was a proposal for developing a paper-to-cabrillo
program and better result turn-around-time to a smaller existing contest
such as the UHF contest or the concept of a new All-Band Sprint.  Not
changes to one of the big 3 ARRL VHF contests (at least, not yet).  I
really like the idea of an 8 hour all band sprint and I think it would be a
good testing ground for making changes to an existing contest.
I have pasted the first couple of posts about the subject below after
Mark's comments.
73,
Ed K3DNE