[VHFcontesting] all night 6M Es opening

Paul Kiesel k7cw at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 20:05:28 EDT 2003

June 1987 had the Great Sporadic-E Opening. The first
220 MHz Sporadic-E contact was made then and there
were scores of 144 MHz double-hop QSOs. I was in DM82
then and worked W6s and W4s simultaneously on 144 MHz.
I easily completed my 144 MHz VUCC in just a few
hours. I also got 130 grids on 50 MHz running 15 watts
and a 4-element beam leaning against the house with
the reflector on the ground. It was an amazing
experience.

K7CW