[VHFcontesting] Re: Inverter Advice

DUGAS, JASON A. (JSC-EP) (NASA) jason.a.dugas at nasa.gov
Thu Sep 4 13:31:51 EDT 2003

I deal with DC/DC converters on the job on a regular basis.  You can go to
any of the big electronics suppliers (Newark, Allied Electronics) and buy
DC/DC converter modules that take a 12V input and produce a 24V (or other
output voltages as needed).  I recently used a 600W Lambda converter that
worked great (probably way more than you need for your laptop, but there are
lower power packages available).  You could build a simple box with a line
going to your cigarette lighter if convenient.

Jason
KB5URQ