[VHFcontesting] Re: [VHF] EM05 in September Test

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Mon Sep 8 10:49:51 EDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 02:42:02PM -0500, tad danley wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback.  I'm not set on EM05, but I would like to
> operate from someplace within a 4 hour drive or less from home (EM13,
> McKinney, TX, about 30 miles North of Dallas).
>
> Based on that and my modest station, can you or anyone recommend a
> better grid for me?

I have no idea about good rover locations in these grids, but the EM01,
EM02, and EM03 grids are usually difficult to work in VHF contests from the
Austin/San Antonio area.  EL28 has no great rover locations, but is also
rare.  EL18, EL08, and occasionally EL19 have no VHF activity.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences          Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops