[VHFcontesting] Getting the FMers out for the ARRL VHF

Tree tree at kkn.net
Tue Sep 9 12:17:34 EDT 2003

> So I put together an info package which consists of two parts.  One is
> an e-mail teaser which was distributed to all members.  The other is a
> page on the club web site which contains the info that I think a
> contesting newbie would need.  The e-mail refers to the URL of the info
> page.  I have suggested they send their logs to me and I will process
> them into proper format for submission to ARRL.  The idea being to make
> it as painless as possible for them and still get their logs entered,
> even if it's only 2 Qs.

Strong work Jim.  Spreading the gospel to the unwashed is a nobel endeavor
requiring genuine enthusiam and a keen understanding of the limitations
of the typical "shack-on-the-belt" station.

Aside from the influx of us "dead" HF contesters discovering the virtues
of the small wavelengths, our biggest opportunity for new recruits will
be the audience of your message.

Keep up the good work!  I hope to make it on for a few hours this weekend.
Will be looking hard for 432 and 1296 QSOs.

73 Tree N6TR / K7RAT
tree at kkn.net