[VHFcontesting] K3DNE QRT for Sept VHF QSO Party

Ed Kucharski k3dne at adelphia.net
Sat Sep 13 13:48:00 EDT 2003

I'm sorry to report that a lightening strike in August caused more problems
to my station than I originally thought.  I had been so involved with my
new tower project that I had not taken the time to check out the station in
more detail.  I knew I had lost my 1296 pre-amp and sequencer, my main DC
power supply and rig-runner (now both replaced/repaired) but I thought all
else was working after a very quick check immediately following the
lightening strike.  Turns out that my IC746 (primary 6 and 2m radio) goes
into xmit mode but with no power out, the 432 preamp and sequencer are
non-functional and the 2m sequencer stopped working just this morning
during testing.  I hope to make repairs and be QRV in time for the January
contest.
73,
Ed K3DNE