[VHFcontesting] N2MH/R in UHF Contest

mugs at intac.com mugs at intac.com
Tue Aug 3 22:12:46 EDT 2004

Karen and I are driving down to the Southport/Oak Island area of North
Carolina starting on Wednesday night. We plan to be there for a couple of
days to look at property.

We plan to start the contest from there either in FM03 or FM13 and work
our way up the coast. Once we hit Nags Head, we will probably stop at some
of W3IY's spots and do that up the coast. We have nothing planned, so we
will be winging it.

We will be hanging out on the calling channels on 222, 432 and 1296. We
will also be listening on 144.260 to see if there's any activity.

I'm not sure how far up the coast we will get before the contest closes
but the good news is that with the antennas aiming forward, we will mostly
be aiming at the population centers on our way back home to NNJ.

Look for the weak <southern> ones! (Sorry Dennis!)

73, Mark, N2MH and Karen
The Lighthouse Rover