[VHFcontesting] K1TEO - UHF Contest

WA2TEO at aol.com WA2TEO at aol.com
Tue Aug 10 09:04:37 EDT 2004

After having the good fortune of no real equipment problems in the June contest, Murphy made his appearance at my QTH for the UHF test. Feedline problems on 1296 (3:1 swr) and a rx problem on 432 made for tough sledding. As for condx, sometimes the Hepburn map has been off from  the actual condx. Unfortunately, this time the modeling was right on target - the map was black both days for the entire Northeast and condx were the same. The beacons were way down from normal at my QTH. Bottom line was about 50 q's less than last year in a few more grids (I added 5.7 ghz since the last UHF contest). 283 X 149 grids = 225k.

Tnx to the rovers  for a great job. Without you guys this wouldn't have been much of a contest. Hopefully this won't be the last UHF contst. Despite the low activity I still really enjoy getting on for this one. Cu in the 10 ghz test and in Sept - hopefully with 432 and 1296 working again!  73, Jeff K1TEO