[VHFcontesting] Cross Mode communication

Mike Clarson mclarson at rcc.com
Mon Aug 16 23:49:32 EDT 2004

What is the feeling on working cross mode in contests when the rules permit
it? Such as answering a CW CQ on SSB, where, of course, the CW CQ occurs in
the phone portion of the band. I do not have a problem with it, but
generally refrain from cross mode as I often pick up the same stations using
the same mode another time. But once in a while I miss one. The reasons for
cross mode vary--I'm driving, key is plugged into another rig (and the key
jacks are always in the back!), misplaced the 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor,I forgot
my key, or just don't feel like CW at the moment.--Mike, WV2ZOW