[VHFcontesting] Cross Mode communication

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Tue Aug 17 08:40:06 EDT 2004

Yes indeed.  Many times I'll hear someone calling CQ in a contest on SSB
and I'll answer on SSB.  If he doesn't hear me, I'll call on CW. Sometimes
the other station will answer on CW and sometimes on SSB.  It's all
perfectly legal.

You'll often hear stations calling CQ on both modes within 25 kHz or so of
the calling frequencies on all bands above 50 MHz. Well, maybe on 6 meters
the CW stays below 50.1 generally.

73, Zack W9SZ