[VHFcontesting] Keying Amplifier before the Transverter

DUGAS, JASON A. (JSC-EP) (NASA) jason.a.dugas at nasa.gov
Mon Dec 27 10:50:57 EST 2004

Hello All,

I am about to put my DEMI 144-28 transverter on the air along with a Mirage
3016 amp.  The IF rig is a TS-850S.  I am using the 850S in a common IF
configuration.  I am using the relay contacts inside the TS-850 (pins 4 & 2
on the REMOTE connnector) to drive two BJT transistors that will in turn
energize relay coils for keying the transverter and the amplifier.

My question is, if the amplifier somehow gets keyed somewhat before the
transverter or if the transverter gets keyed before the amplifier is there
any thing that can be damaged?  Are there any pitfalls here that I need to
watch out for?

Thanks,

Jason
KB5URQ