[VHFcontesting] New Furnace VSD and EMI

Mark S. Adams, P.E. msadams at buffalo.edu
Wed Dec 29 11:24:45 EST 2004

Hi Gang,

Does anyone have a newer HVAC system with a variable speed drive fan motor
or hydronic pump motor?  If so, have you experienced any interference on
any ham band?

As I get very close to spec'ing an HVAC system for my new QTH I'd like to
find out if this is a potential time bomb.  To paraphrase an insurance
company commercial, 'hey, I just saved a boatload of money on my energy
bills, but I cannot hear a signal on the ham bands!'

Thanks es Happy '05.
Mark K2QO/R

And for you tower climbers, my safety tip for this year is DON'T TAKE A
DIVE IN '05!

Mark S. Adams, P.E.
University at Buffalo
Office of Environment, Health and Safety
220 Winspear Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14215-1034
Tel: 716.829.3707 ext. 25  Fax: 716.829.2704
Cell: 716.863.7229