[VHFcontesting] Rover Circling Solution [was: ARRL VHF+ contestproposal...

Ev Tupis w2ev at arrl.net
Sat Feb 21 08:04:19 EST 2004

Ron Hooper (W4WA) wrote:
 > Applying a reasonable time limit before returning to the same grid
 > would make grid circling difficult and still allow Jim's scenario to
 > work as well.

Absolutly true, Ron...and something that I would support.  Maybe
"reasonable" is 8-hours?  The casual rover (as I think Jim is describing
above) could work with that while severely limiting the Grid Circling
activity that most of us abhor.

I would still be curious to know if Jim's scenario was actual or
theoretical.  If actual, how many people fit that model?  My guess is
that few, if any at all, do.

The folks that did fit it would simply need to adopt practices that
allowed them to still contact as many people as possible within the new
framework.  Contesters will find a way to succeed. :)

Ev, W2EV