[VHFcontesting] Rovers & Club Competition [was: ARRL VHF+ contest proposals]

Ev Tupis w2ev at arrl.net
Sat Feb 21 14:54:39 EST 2004

With the intent to offer a public forum on another point of
consideration, I'd like to say the following about this:

> Because rover scores can be so large under the original rover
 > scoring rules, they can distort the club competition scores.
 > To solve this major problem with the original rules, we propose
 > that rover station scores should not be counted towards club
 > competition scores.  Rovers would continue to contribute
 > substantially to increasing the scores of club members by
 > providing numerous QSO points and activating new grids.

 From a club-rover perspective.  Since my score wouldn't count toward my
club, what incentive would I have to travel very far from my member's
normal VHF/uWave range?  Going beyond the range of 50% of my club
reduces my impact by 50%, right?

I'm not certain that this part of the proposal would have the outcome
that is being sought.  fwiw.

Ev, W2EV