[VHFcontesting] Limited Single Operator category

Duane Grotophorst n9dg at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 13:30:08 EST 2004

--- Bob K0NR <k0nr-list at rwitte.com> wrote:
> I'd suggest making this category "any three bands"
> to avoid arbitrarily locking out 222 MHz (or any
> other band for that matter).
> Certainly, the IC-706/FT-100/etc folks will choose
> 50-144-432 MHz anyway. Is there a downside to this
> approach?

I would simply make it a 4 band category that
*includes* 222. We simply do not want to exclude 222
which would only strengthen the perception that it is
not a worthwhile band to have, not true. This January
it outperformed 432 for grids and was nearly the same
for Q's here. The competitive advantage for those
LSO's with 222 will not be totally overpowering for
those who don't.

I would also align the LSO power limits with the
barefoot power of the IC-706/FT-100/etc type radios.

Duane
N9DG