[VHFcontesting] MADMADMADMAD

Ev Tupis (W2EV) w2ev at arrl.net
Thu Jan 1 09:14:03 EST 2004

> Listen on 144.260 +/-, and find some signals to pounce
> on from 50-MHz thru 47GHz.

This is a great opportunity to take advantage of HamIM, and to start working on
putting that addition in your arsenal.  Here in WNY, I've now logged FIVE
home-stations with HamIM capability, getting ready for the VHF SS, and already
observed the system doing what it does best: identify unannounced activity.

Last weekend, we had a previously unknown rover from Michigan drive through the
area on their way to Eastern NY.  It's HamIM "CQ" popped up on several people's
screens.  It was AWESOME!

Of course, having HamIM operating at home stations is quite powerful, too.
However, the real hoot comes when a Rover is noticed when it is unexpected.

Visit my homepage: http://w2ev.rochesterny.org and take the hyperlink for HamIM
for more information.  Everything you need to know is right there.

Best wishes in 2K4,
Ev, W2EV
--
HamIM  : Messaging the all-ham way, find Rovers as they go to play.
         That HamIM, that HamIM -- I'm sure you'll like that HamIM.