[VHFcontesting] ARRL kills VHF, Should we let them?

James Hayes jhayes9424 at charter.net
Mon Jul 19 14:25:33 EDT 2004

John,
Not a bad idea, but if they receive no logs then it will reinfore their
efforts to get rid of the contesting I should think. (Thinking like a
politician, ahem.) We have to use their game plans to our benefit if we are
to succeed at keeping the contesting. There is another way using that
strategy would work though, and maybe get our line scores back into the QST
magazine. Retain our ARRL membership, WITHOUT their magazine. I mean most of
us are computer savy now 'a days, and we could find all kinds of
advertisments and websites to lure us with new products, so why do we need
another 'ad' magazine to do that for us? I don't know about most people but
the website line scores are crap to say the least, and the only good part I
see is the soapbox where we can truly be seen and heard for our efforts.

Jim, N2YEV
FN34gs, Plattsburgh, NY
Six Club #1663, SMIRK #6480
jhayes9424 at charter.net