[VHFcontesting] Arrl VHf contesting changes and monkey buisness

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Mon Jul 19 19:13:03 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 06:38:27PM -0400, K3uhf at aol.com wrote:
> Now that I see all these post on the contesting forum I posted this to show
> the pnwvhf guys that there is a discussion out there on rule changes again.
>
> I ask that anyone on the reflector who knows what the changes are that are
> likely to be done to post them on one of the well known relectors or web pages.
> This is the only way to keep everyone informed of whats going on.

The rule change proposals were developed by the VHF Contesting subcommittee
of the Membership Services Committee, and were widely posted by K1KI
on behalf of the committee.  You can read them here:

http://lists.contesting.com/_vhfcontesting/2004-02/msg00038.html
http://www.arrl.org/news/features/2004/02/26/2/

To my knowledge, neither the subcomittee, the MSC, nor the ARRL BoD
have actually posted any follow up to this; although, given that the
Board of Directors met this past weekend, we may hear news soon.

> To read the posts (quickly) it seems that some want to change the june
> contest or eliminate it.  I think that should be alarming, but we need
> some facts from that meeting to be sure.

Eliminating the June contest was not proposed.  There were several
proposed changes that would apply to the June contest, however.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com
http://www.kenharker.com/