[VHFcontesting] How to build the June VHF contest

Tom Frenaye frenaye at direcway.com
Wed Jul 21 00:04:08 EDT 2004

At 02:39 PM 7/20/2004, Zack Widup/W9SZ wrote:

>I am curious if ARRL has looked at statistics for ALL of their contests
>since they stopped printing line scores in QST.  It could be a factor.

Detailed score listings were taken out of QST contest results starting with January 2003 QST.  That coincided with the results of the June 2002 June VHF QSO Party.   I don't believe any significant change in the number of logs received resulted from that change - VHF or HF.

HF totals (logs)
2003  13571
2002  14259
2001  13899
2000  13319
1999  12493
1998  11811
1997  10360
1996    9629
1995    9846
1994    9814
1993  10391
1992  11501
1991  10758
1990  10203

VHF Totals (logs)
2003    2581
2002    2435
2001    2463
2000    2600
1999    2794
1998    3011
1997    3291
1996    3362
1995    3170
1994    3214
1993    2997
1992    2699
1991    2375
1990    2374

HF totals include RTTY, DX, IARU, Sweepstakes, 160m, 10m
   (plus the discontinued Novice Roundup)
VHF totals include Jan, Jun, Sept, EME, UHF, 10G

Neither includes Field Day...

       -- Tom

=====
e-mail: k1ki at arrl.org   ARRL New England Division Director  http://www.arrl.org/
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box J, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444