[VHFcontesting] Insights to Consider

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Mon Jul 26 16:11:49 EDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 10:21:43PM -0400, Ev Tupis wrote:
> Kenneth E. Harker wrote:
>
> >As I said in a
> >operators and they _do_ know a thing or two about VHF weak signal
> >operation.
>
> Stop speaking for me in a public forum, will you?  Please?  I mean really.
> Please?  Stop making statements and ascribing them to me.
>
> I have n-e-v-e-r said that ARRL personnel are not serious VHF operators nor
> that they don't know anything about VHF weak signal operation.

Ev, you wrote the following on 21 July 2004: "Personnel at the ARRL has
changed. The folks that are there have little `organizational memory' on
some items...and because they don't operate VHF contests themselves, have
little experience to rely upon when attempting to render judgement on
(apparent) rules infractions."  You can see it in the archives here:
http://lists.contesting.com/_vhfcontesting/2004-07/msg00140.html

We know _exactly_ which ARRL personnel are presently responsible for
deciding the ARRL VHF contest rules, and they do, in fact, "operate VHF
contests themselves," and have been doing so for decades in many cases.
Perhaps you were speaking of some other personnel at ARRL who have ammesia
and don't operate VHF contests?  If so, please, provide callsigns or
something to help us out.