[VHFcontesting] Insights to Consider

Ward Silver hwardsil at centurytel.net
Tue Jul 27 13:33:22 EDT 2004

In the interests of full disclosure :-)

I have not yet become active in VHF+contesting beyond the occasional small entry.  Yet I would really like to get involved and have been actively monitoring, watching, learning, etc. for the past few years.  Events and a heavy set of writing commitments have conspired to prevent a serious entry into it.  Too much writing about ham radio and not enough doing ham radio.

My contribution to the committee has been from the perspective of an active, experienced HF contester that would really like to get into VHF contesting.  I think I can represent the perspective of that group of potential participants reasonably well.

I do not and will not represent myself as an expert VHF+ contester.  There are some very good, very skilled VHF+ contesters on the committee and many more that contributed their perspective and comments.  I understand a lot about the contest administration and reporting process, as well.

My two cents...

73, Ward N0AX