[VHFcontesting] FT-736R 2m 10W max mod

Rick Stoneking w2rds at arrl.net
Wed Jul 28 10:23:15 EDT 2004

Has anyone done the modifications listed on the FT-736 2m Power amplifier
schematic that changes the output to 10W?  We are converting a 736 to be a
UHF station (222, 432, 902, 1296) and are using a transverter for 902 to
2m.  The transverter has a 10W input max, so we would like to permanently
set the 2m output to 10W so that we do not have to worry about adjusting
output power when changing bands.  Hoping to get confirmation that the
changes listed on the schematic work okay.

Thanks,
Rick
W2RDS