[VHFcontesting] Vhf com. members

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Wed Jul 28 18:36:18 EDT 2004

Yes, that's true from my experience.

I had an awful time in one contest last year.  I think it was the
ARRL September VHF QSO Party. My IF rig for the lower bands (50 through
432 MHz) stopped working on SSB and I forgot my key/keyer. I was QRP
portable, about 15 miles from home. I had to work everyone on those bands
by tapping two clip leads together to send CW! Still, I worked people and
it was fun.

73, Zack W9SZ