[VHFcontesting] VHF Contest this weekend

Matt Patterson mattpatt at 1starnet.com
Tue Jun 8 23:57:19 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm planning on trying to do a little rovering in the VHF contest this
weekend.  This will be my first time to participate in a VHF contest.  I
have a TS-2000 and M2 HO Loops for 2m, 6m and 70cm.  I have a stacked pair
for 2m.  I live in NE Texas, Grid EM23, and being that this is my first time
out I'm not familiar with where the "rare" or "semi-rare" grids are or if
there even happen to be any in my area.  With the price of gas as high as it
is I'd like to pretty much stay within 100 mile radius of my home QTH if
possible.  So I was wondering if someone might help me out and let me know
if there are any decent grids to work from in my area.  I know I only have
loops so I'm not expecting much.  I just want to get my feet wet in this and
see if I like it or not before I go an invest in more equipment.  BTW:  I'm
an avid HF contester so I have experience in contesting in general but this
will be my first VHF contest.

Thanks,
Matt
W5LL