[VHFcontesting] ZF1DC active in contest

jon jones n0jk at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 13 12:54:02 EDT 2004

David, ZF1DC has been very active so far in the 2004 June VHF Q P. I heard
David Saturday evening for about an hour from EM08. I heard him work W7GJ
and W7KNT Montana around 0145 utc - which is about a 4,300 km path. I worked
David at 0149 utc on 50.125 MHz at 2,700 km.

My station in EM08 for 6M was 10 watts to a 2 el. yagi on a 15 ft. mast.  It
took "a few calls" to get the QSO completed!

Had to QRT when thunderstorms rolled through. Had tornados south of Wichita.
Hope to be back from EM08 this evening.

GL to all in the contest.

- Jon NØJK