[VHFcontesting] June VHF Scores page

DAVID C. OLEAN k1whs at worldpath.net
Mon Jun 14 20:53:16 EDT 2004

Hi folks,
    I pretty much hit bottom with the June contest. We did not
have a big operation planned, but had hoped to spend a nice
weekend playing with some new setups and logging program. I
had 50 thru 10 GHz up and running pretty well.  All that went
out the window when my 30 KW diesel power source started
overheating at about 5 PM Saturday afternoon. We could never
fix the problem. No matter what we did, the thing still would
overheat and shut down. We tried to get running on Sunday
morning at about 10 AM, but after an hour, it was in the red
again, so we bagged it and threw in the towel.  I spent Sunday
afternoon soaking diesel grease off my arms  and face.
Commercial power is sure looking good about now! Making your
own electricity can be difficult.

73
Dave K1WHS