[VHFcontesting] W5VAS SK

Crawfish crawfish at surfmore.net
Thu Mar 4 21:10:53 EST 2004

Just got an e-mail from Randy KN4QS in EM50. He mentioned that W5VAS passed away on Monday. Hank had a very potent beacon that ran 185 watts to a squalo up quite high, although I believe it was moved and running reduced power and antenna height. When I lived in AL in the 70's and 80's, I could hear it quite a few times and I was 400 miles airline. No other info available, but hate to see another avid 6m man leave this life.
                                                                                                                            Joe W4AAB