[VHFcontesting] Renewing Interest in VHF Contesting

Harry Brown harryhbrown at earthlink.net
Sat May 8 13:12:54 EDT 2004

Speaking of pages in QST at $4000 per page, have you ever noticed the
number of pages in QST that are used to list the officers, staff, adds for
publications, etc?

I ran a rough count of the Dec. 2003 issue and counted over 13 pages. The
March 2004 issue had about 14 pages. Are they all needed every month?

I'm sure that selling ads for ARRL publications is a revenue maker and it's
important to notify members that the publications are available but are
they all needed every month?

If they were printed every other month, this would free up 6 to 7 pages for
other purposes. One purpose might be to publish the members contest scores.

73, Harry, W3IIT