[VHFcontesting] Re: 1296 if question.

K3uhf at aol.com K3uhf at aol.com
Sun Oct 3 17:37:14 EDT 2004

1. I suggest calling DEMI first.  Is it a big unit or a small unit. The big
ones are as big as an hf radio while the small ones are as big as a new mobile
fm radio.  It there a seperate if and recieve on the 2 meter side?  If the
answer is yes then put the 15 db attenuator in there(the IF side). If the answer
is no, then the 15 db attenuator is going to attenuate what you hear and you
should build a sequencer (relays).  The 15 db attenuator will bring the if of
10 watts down about 300 mw and may be but probly is not too much.  The new demi
stuff can handle 10 watts however it may depend on where you place some
jumpers on the input attenutor in the box. I would be suprised if they could or
would not help you. After all you might buy another from them.

k3uhf