[VHFcontesting] nw sponsered contest update and poll

K3uhf at aol.com K3uhf at aol.com
Fri Oct 8 19:30:00 EDT 2004

Hi,
It seems the gatekeeper of surveys doesnt let much through perhaps due to
bandwidth or just plain bad ideas.

So.....
Here is a survey question or 2 for both groups.

Please check your entry below. If it looks OK, click on the submit button at
the bottom of the page. If you would like to edit your entry, use your
browser's back button to return to the entry page.

Question: I am working on a new vhf contest. This poll could be handy as well
as coments. Would you participate in a distance based vhf contest and do you
participate in arrl or sprint contests now?
Answer 1: Yes to both
Answer 2: Yes arrl or sprints but not interested in distance based contests.
Answer 3: No arrl or sprints, yes I would do distance based.
Answer 4: No to both
Answer 5: Undecided
Answer 6:
Answer 7:
By: k3uhf - frank bechdoldt

I am working on a new vhf contest, this poll could be handy as well as any
coments. What do you think of rating a stations qso points on the rarity of the
grid they worked from or worked. Grid exchanges would be done with a
multiplier at the end of the exchange. The highest multiplier would count for both
stations. IE if New York City contacted Elko NV and Elko NV had a multiplier of 6
it would be used for both stations. Then when NYC contacted another NYC
station the multiplier would be 2 for both. (5 step 2-6 scale)
Answer 1: Yes
Answer 2: no

Last one

What do you think of the idea of being able to work each station at a
multi-op site seperately?  Ie you can work any ham who comes to the mic. Each station
at the site would still be in the multi-op catagory, would do thier own
logging bt would share (or we hope) thier equipment.

yes
no
flame me

k3uhf

PS:
Some ideas have fermented over the last few months and maybe I will type up a
third draft.
Eric's bus and some of the other peoples opperating habbits came to mind too
here.  Eric would be a multi-op rover if he had more than 3 hams using
differn't calls.(IE the rove in) The time consumed with wsjt makes me consider the
long contest.  A spring time meteor shower week would be good for cabin fevor or
late summer for mountain topping.

I may be the engine behind this but go ahead and give me coments and reasons
to consider