[VHFcontesting] Re: [VHF] Cell Sites

John Allen jallen at vhfcom.com
Sun Oct 10 18:46:07 EDT 2004

Roger et al - Please be aware of the different bands used, based on the cell
company and the technology that they use.

Cingular, AT&T and others are using GSM/GPRS/Edge/UMTS (Coming) on 1920-1980
MHz paired with 2110 to 2170 MHz. (known as the 1.9 GHz. band).  The other
bands are 850, 900,  and 1800 MHz.  I don't think that 900 is used in the
USA.

73, John, K1AE

John Allen  - PC Support Solutions www.pcsupportsolutions.com
PC House Calls: Computer HW/SW/Network debugging, installation, maintenance,
and upgrades
mailto:john at pcsupportsolutions.com  978 779-6189 M: 508 361-6229