[VHFcontesting] 6m sprint-K1DS

Rick R rick1ds at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 24 14:41:28 EDT 2004

Got the van out to one of my local spots and erected the 3 el 6m beam, found
noise level at S-9, probably due to new commercial ad signs in the area.
After struggling with the noise for 30 mins, moved to a different site a few
miles away and found things a lot quieter and started to work several
stations, but took multiple calls to them. Tried the "other rig" and found
it's internal metering showing a high SWR, so adjusted the gamma match, and
voila--33 QSOs in 16 Grids. Not the best of totals, but lotsa fun with the
opening to the Gulf states, and even got a call from my harmonic at home,
N1XKT, who found all the right controls on the new TS2000x at home, using a
G5RV antenna. 73, Rick, K1DS