[VHFcontesting] 6M Sprint report from FN12

kentke kentke at infoblvd.net
Mon Oct 25 23:28:13 EDT 2004

Where was everyone ??? watching the ball game?
I was hopeing for more Q's and Grids, but can't complain considering band conditions.  Nice E opening (sporadic) provided contacts into EM40, EM60, EM70, EM73, EL87 & EL96. A good number in FN and FM. BUT, a BIG hole that includes FN22, 23, 33, 43 Did everyone vacate those grids ??? (Might have to consider a grid expidtion to activate one of these, they're getting rare) Also no one heard from FN14, 41, 42.
 Best to the NW was FN04, best to the S was FM19.
The frontal system that was west of me provided the oppertunity to leave the antenna pointed SW and make most of my contacts. Turn the antenna to the normal direction and signals would disappear.  Shut down at 0240 utc - no more signals heard for the preceding 25 minutes.

from FM12
total contacts - 42   total grids - 26

Thanks to all who worked me and look for you in the Jan 05 contest. Hope to be putting our club call (W2ZJ) on the air.

Ken  KA2LIM