[VHFcontesting] Sprint Rovering Calculator

Bill Burgess ve3cru at rac.ca
Thu Oct 28 12:38:07 EDT 2004

Rovers have 3 basic items to consider in rovering, namely time, cost and results.  Broken down, time to get the vehicle ready, time to get to the grid and be set up and duration of time in the grid, and cost of getting there versus potential results.  Many work during the week, so time available enters into the calculation too.

I am the only rover in Ontario who is retired.  I can drive less than 15 miles north to work 2 grids in a Sprint.  But to work 3 or more grids involves driving over 60 miles either east or west.  Is it worth it?  Frankly, no.  There is not enough participation in the Sprints except those on weekends.  Rovers must be, and are practical in their thinking.

Keep the bands alive.

Bill  VE3CRU/R

Email: ve3cru at rac.ca