[VHFcontesting] Roving and Hamfests

Dan n9rla at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 23:53:13 EDT 2004

> If people initiate the QSO with you because they see you operating, I
> think it's wrong.  It's a form of using non-amateur means (visual) to
> initiate a contact.
>
> examples clipped......

> Dave/K8CC

I have to disagree here Dave.  I don't see any problem with 2 hams
meeting face to face and agreeing to work each other on any legal band
they have.  As a precedent, how about members of a multiop working their
own ops on microwave bands?

I just don't think you can consider an op's eyes as "non-amateur"
means...  Now, if you were using a bull horn to draw them in, then that
would be pretty unethical:-)

Of course, this is just my opinion.

73 & hope to hear you in the contest!
Dan